Environspec provides our commercial clients with a complete line of commercial inspections and testing. This includes but is not limited to: Structure, Roofing, Mechanical systems, HVAC, General interior condition, Infrared testing and moisture intrusion inspections and much more.
Over the past fifteen years we have inspected many different commercial properties including:
- Developments & Housing Complexes
- Hotels & Restaurants
- Convenience Markets
- Retail Stores
- Factories & Businesses
Our commercial inspection are conducted to the new ASTM standards. The inspection is designed to provide our clients with a detailed report on the condition of the building and its components. During the course of the inspections, we may bring in sub contractors to review certain systems. This is done to allow us to estimate the cost of repairs for deficient components or systems. The report will also give an estimated maintenance schedule for more significant items over the first five years of ownership. The systems covered in this section are typically: Roof, Electrical, HVAC, Structure, Plumbing and major exterior improvements. The inspections are divided into two types:
1. Heavy Commercial & offices, Hotels, Restaurants, Ware Houses, larger Stores, Schools and multi-Story Buildings.
2. Light Commercial buildings. Many commercial buildings are Light Commercial Buildings which are constructed similarly to residential buildings. Many former residential buildings have been converted to Light Commercial buildings. These buildings require an inspection which will differ from Residential Home Inspection. The main differences between Light Commercial and Residential buildings is the type of roofing materials used as well as the supportive structures, the siding materials and application. Many buildings are being clad with EIFS systems. This can be problematic. Other differences include plumbing, electrical systems / HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning) systems as well as specialized application systems.
Large Commercial Buildings other than Light Commercial, depending on the specifics of the building and the requirements of the client, may need an entire TEAM of specialty inspectors and/or engineers. Usually the inspection company is responsible for coordinating such an effort and for consolidating the reports.
- General Building Evaluation Contains #’s 2-7 Phase 1
- Structural Evaluation. Phase 1&2
- Roofing Evaluation. Phase 1,2 & 3
- Electrical Evaluation. Phase 1 & 2
- Plumbing Evaluation. Phase 1
- HVAC Evaluation. Phase 1, 2 & 3
- Building Envelope Evaluation. Phase 1,2 & 3
- One Site sewage Inspection. Phase 1 & 2
- Specialized Equipment
Please contact Environspec LTD for information concerning commercial inspections. Due to the wide variety of applications and requirements it is necessary to be very specific with the needs and intended use / application of the building.
Many of our commercial inspections are performed for the purpose of determining the need for up grading and maintaining the building and components. Determining and resolving existing conditions and problems.
Repairs and up grading of commercial buildings, components and equipment can be extremely expensive. So if you are purchasing a new or existing building then the inspections are well worth the investment.
In addition to the above we offer:
- Infrared Inspections. See Thermographic’s section for information.
- Radon Testing
- Mold Testing and Moisture Entry Evaluation
- Sewage System Inspections
- Water Testing
- Stucco / EIFS Inspections
Call Environspec at 570-253-1941 to order your inspections.